In celebration of the tenth annual Galena LitFest, the Galena Public Library, in collaboration with the Galena Shakespeare Festival and Galena Cellars Downtown, is thrilled to bring you a unique, interactive murder mystery dinner experience!
In which, a brilliant murderer terrorizes London in a string of elaborately staged violent acts, and there’s only one man who appears to be connected to them all…Sherlock Holmes. Now, to save the people of London – and his own neck – Holmes must dig deep into his entire case history and enlist the help of an old friend…of sorts. You are formally invited to join Holmes at the Diogenes Club as he races against the clock to solve a case that may just be his last.
A four-course English club-style dinner will be served with accompanying wine pairings curated by Galena Cellars Executive Chef Fernando Escalante and Winemaker Eric White. See menu below.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and can be purchased online here or at the front desk of the Galena Public Library. When purchasing tickets please be prepared to choose an appetizer, entree, and dessert as well as indicate any food allergies/preferences for each member of your party. If you’d like to be seated next to a party which is registered separately, please contact Larissa Distler at the Galena Public Library, 815-777-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate seating requests. Ticketing will close on February 27, 2024.
Sherlock Holmes & the Killer Case Files is an original production written, produced, and performed by Scott McKinsey and the Galena Shakespeare Festival.
Scott McKinsey is the Artistic Director of Galena Shakespeare Festival and an alumnus of The American Academy of Dramatic Arts (New York, NY), the oldest theatre conservatory in America and the basis for all theatre conservatory programs in the United States. McKinsey has over two decades of professional experience as a performer, director, writer, producer, mentor, and acting coach, with a particular emphasis on Improv-Based Acting, an evolution of the classic Meisner Technique developed by Scott McKinsey.
Galena LitFest is organized and funded by the Galena Public Library with support from the Friends of the Galena Public Library. Events will take place February through May 2024.
Appetizers (choice of)
– Scotch duck egg served with mixed greens and Düsseldorf sauce on the side.
– Vegan deviled potatoes topped with garbanzo mousse and Spanish smoked paprika.
– Potato Leek (can be served vegan)
Entree (choice of)
– Ribeye and drunken mushrooms accompanied by roasted bleu cheese potatoes and grilled asparagus.
– Pan seared duck breast topped with cherries and port wine sauce, accompanied by roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash leek purée.
– Butter-baked Haddock filet, accompanied by broccolini and butternut squash leek purée.
– Vegan mushroom and garbanzo Wellington served with gravy and sauteed vegetables.
Dessert (choice of)
– Banoffee tartlet topped with scotch flambé bananas, strawberries, and chocolate mousse.
– Vegan raspberry cheesecake.
*A specially paired Galena Cellars wine will be served with Appetizer/Soup, Entree, and Dessert.